Sunday, July 22, 2018

June 2018 - Trip #2 - Lake in Wood Campground

Lots of R&R needed,..... but not gonna happen this weekend!!  I booked a group site with our friends last year for this years Father's Day weekend, Friday thru Tuesday and by the time it came around I really needed the break from work.  But guess what??  I forgot about my daughter's annual dance recital which is also the third Saturday in June!  AHH!!   This year Madie dances in Monday Acro, Tuesday Jazz, Ballet, Tap, and Thursday Contemporary.  So we ended up being in BOTH recitals on Saturday.  Yup,... left the campground at 10am and didn't return till 10:30 pm with an exhausted daughter.

Leading up to the recital we also had a busy week trying to pack early, followed by working each day and rehearsals on Wednesday night and Thursday night for each of the Saturday shows.  Not much R&R going to happen till at least Sunday evening or Monday,.... good thing I booked an extended weekend.

Friday morning I was still packing my clothes and working at my laptop,... then my phone,... and then I had a realization, I was Robin Williams in the movie RV, and that was it.  I emailed that correlation to one of my guys from work and signed off, enough of that I was on Vacation.  Finished packing and managed to have 45 minutes to spare to grab some lunch before we were to pull out and meet our friends at a local pull off location.  The drive was about 1 hr 15 minutes and the truck handled smoothly.  I'm still chasing a sound in the front that might be a sway bar bolt or a shock, but could be something even simpler like a loose plastic cover I found last week.  We arrived with our hybrid and our friends in their popup and planned out our site to get them loaded into position first so we could then back into place, forming an "L" with our campers on the site rather than " I  I " being parallel.  Over the weekend that worked out really well.

Saturday....
Recital...... Both Recitals.  This was going to be a long day and we had to leave the camper by 10am to be on our way and to get to Kutztown University in time for Madison to have her pre-dance warmup and prepare for the recital.  The first recital was Acro Dance, and the second included Tap, Jazz, Ballet, and Contemporary.  By the time we were done the first recital we quickly ran to the nearby Airport Diner restaurant where my parents were already seated and saving us some seats so we could have time to get a meal and not have to rush back right away.  Then, they joined us for the second recital since most of Madison's dances were in that one.  By the time the night was complete, we were heading back to the campground at 9:45 pm,.... and were quick to hit the beds when we did arrive back.

The other two girls were able to hang out with our friends and had a really good day full of activities.  I'm glad they had a good time and didn't mind us being away.












Sunday.... Father's Day.  We all awoke and had a good breakfast before getting the day started.  Eric and I played horse shoes and the kids played some games as well.  The afternoon heat was building so we all went to the pool for a while to chill.  I know we did a lot of other things too but I can't recall them all at the moment here.

Monday More R&R and HEAT!  Boy, the humidity was building early and we put the air conditioning on quickly and left it on low most of the day.  While we had time in the morning, we pursued the Gnome Quest, a challenge around the campground that we have done before, but this time with the friends and their kids it was a good time by all.  We waited till the evening to play a around of Family MiniGolf at the front, I lost by one stroke!!  I blew it at the end with two over par holes, Oy!

Tuesday ... Packing up already!  At least we had some good relaxing and lots of laughs and fun with our friends.  Nice part about Lake In Wood is that campsites don't have to check out till 2pm, so you aren't rushed to get up and out in the morning like some locations.

We made it home to a hot and humid house, since our Air Conditioner has been broken for a few weeks.  The heat pump coil has sprung a leak in the fin tubes and needs to be replaced.  So,... what better than setting up the camper again in the driveway and plugging into my 30A camp plug and using the camper AC!  Camp Driveway Day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment