Monday, April 25, 2016

Spring Mods - Part 1

As mentioned before in the previous post I had a few minor maintenance things I wanted to take care of and get a few modifications started.

First Add-on for this year, a Hatchlift gas strut to keep the back hatch in the open position.  This was the "Small" kit size and came with all the needed hardware and good instructions.  In fact, I think I only need a phillips screw driver/drill, measuring tape and pencil.  Everything else was in the box.  Install to the top door was simple and then it came time to play with the location of the door jamb attachment to get a good motion and fit for the compression of the strut.  Once fitted, the door has some resistance to opening at first by the strut compressing as you open it, and then it lifts the door slowly open.  This is nice as it is under the rear bunk when it is open and I didn't want to have it smack the finish of the camper.

Hatchlift is also available on Amazon.  This door uses the "Small" kit

Installed.  Works Great!
 For maintenance this spring, I really wanted to get the gas line piping prepped and painted.  I just didn't like the unfinished pipe and the rust it was developing, even though it wasn't a safety concern for the gas line.  Just a little prep, and a can of Rustoleum Gloss Black, and 10 minutes time crawling around made a huge difference.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Gas line painted front to back
After our next trip, the black tank flush kit will be plumbed and installed.  Need to get some good rinses on the black tank at the dump station before I cut into it.  I ordered the kits from Camco online, so I just need to scope them out and plan the installation.

Now, Off to Camping!


No comments:

Post a Comment