Saturday, January 2, 2016

Part 3.2 - Animal Kingdom

Part 3.2: The Disney Experience - Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Ok,.... so,... I asked my wife tonight to help write this blog post,... here was her statement to me as I typed as fast as I could,....

"We had a lot of fun, we saw Nemo, Saw naked Tarzan, Madie didn't like the Bug show, it was a nice day, the Safari was cool, Food was alright",.... "now just add some pictures"

So,... I guess I'll be the regular blogger.  :-)
Lets start off with some of the photos and then I'll fill back in with some details and information.
Animal Kingdom Entrance on another good weather day.
Animal Kingdom is known to be a smaller park and not as crowded, which is what we found as well.  There is a lot of space there though and it makes for a nice relaxing day compared to the bigger parks.  This one is full of details though everywhere you turn, so it is really an immersive experience and one that I'd like to visit again someday when the kids are older.
The Tree of Life is an amazing sculpture

Here is just a sample of the animals sculpted into the Tree of Life
We arrived early in the morning so we could make our way to the Safari.  We've read that the animals are more likely to be active in the morning before the heat of the day, as well as with feedings.  Disney does an amazing job of taking you out of the park and into the wilderness while you ride along in the vehicle.  The animals must really seem at home.


There is also Dino-Land,.... which,... we figured one of my daughters would have a slight fascination with.  :-)



Tarzan!



I think Becky really liked the Dino Ride!

Flamingos in the water, Elephants in the background

Someone Special had his 86th Birthday today!  While we were eating he stopped in for a visit!

Hey Pop!  Found one for you!!

I think they are all having a good time on Day 2 of our Adventures!


Some Zebras taking it all in


Look who Ally and I found!  Good shirt choice for me today!

Becky and the girls meeting Mickey and Minnie
Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm, so we headed back to the campground and picked up our Golf Cart rental for the next day.  Since Thursday was going to be our rest at the camp day, we wanted to have a quick way to get around.  Another fun day,.... the kids were asleep by 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment