Monday, August 10, 2015

Delivery Day!!!

Thursday night came, and it was time to take the good popup on the final tow under our ownership.  I double checked that I had the folder of manuals and checklists, and hitched up and then drove off to the dealership.  Upon arrival at Indian Valley Camping Center in Souderton PA, I met the salesman who directed me to a parking spot for the camper and asked me to open it up and go thru the setup process.  I also took this time to show him the items I maintained and added to the camper while we owned it.  It was pretty clear that he was impressed with the condition of the camper inside and out and that the evaluation he had given us for the trade in was a good one.

The final setup in the Land of Giant campers,.... It was a good time little PUP.

Friday at work seemed to last forever while I thought about all the things I needed to take for the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) the next morning.

Saturday morning was here, and we were off to the Camping Center.  Thanks to the grandparents for watching the kids today/weekend, we were able to go together Kid-free so we could both learn how to use the new camper, and also so Becky could keep me from getting to carried away with my OCD / Inspection.  When we arrived, the camper was still being setup at the service area but I dropped off the truck to get the Weight Distribution system started.  The salesman looked at me quite in shock when I pulled out my ladder, tool box, and volt-meter from the truck before they took it.

"What's the ladder for?" he asked. 
"Thats for me to check the roof and the items on the roof" I said. 
"Wow, that's a first for us,.... no one ever looks at the roof." 

Well,... today my friend, you meet a Schaffer.  LOL.

Three hours later, we were done the walk around and the inspection.  Only item is the screen door latch which is a new design for this model year and is a little tricky.  I'll get it re-adjusted on a trip or two.  May need a small dremel adjustment for the slot but nothing major.  The construction is very clean and I've been over and under it now more than once.  It towed well for the short drive home so I'll pack it back up and take it for another drive this coming weekend to get a little better feel of how it handles and how I have to compensate on turns.  The truck seemed to perform well but I need to drive more and get less white-knuckled before I can really evaluate that.  Here is a nickel tour of the camper and some photos below.



Closed Up in our Driveway Corner
Back Side, Fully Open.  Dinette and Beds all Out
Front Side, with Awning still in.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the tour! You weren't too OCD on the walk through ;)
    -your wife

    ReplyDelete